Today we celebrate Art in Language and Literacy in honor of Art in Education Week.
To download or print the following activity (and others) for your classroom click here!
This is a 30 minute activity for school-age children to create hidden, secret messages that are revealed with a splash of color!
- To practice writing sentences
- To understand crayon resist art methods
- To create a craft to be shared with classmates
Before You Start:
- Hand out supplies to each child.
- Have children use white crayons to create "invisible" messages on white paper. The crayon will be visible enough to make sure that messages are accurate.
- Lightly spray or paint any color of Liquid Watercolor™ on the paper. The crayon will resist the watercolor.
- Allow the paper with the message to dry.
Children may create messages for themselves or for other students to receive and paint in order to discover their contents.
Colorations® Regular Crayons (#CRS16)
Perfect Art Paper Pack (#PERPAK)
Stubby Chubby Brushes (#SPIFFY)