Create a friendly "monster" to share on Valentine's Day!
- To create a special gift to give on Valentine's Day
- To practice creativity
Before You Start: Gather materials needed: cardboard craft rolls, assorted pipe cleaners, assorted craft twist ties, ceramic or foam heart shapes, wiggly eyes, pom poms, red and pink paint, paint brushes and tacky glue.
Let's Get Started! Step 1. Paint a craft roll in a Valentine's Day color. Alternatively, you could cover the roll in construction paper or foil paper.
Step 2. Glue two lengths of either craft twist ties or pipe cleaners in the center of the craft roll. These will be the monster's legs.
Step 3. Glue a heart shape to the end of each leg. You can use ceramic or foam heart shapes, or simply cut your own hearts out of construction paper. Paint, if desired.
Step 4. Glue two wiggly eyes and a pom pom nose to the outside front of the monster.
Step 5. Twist the ends of two pipe cleaners together to create an extra-long pipe cleaner. Wrap the extra-long pipe cleaner through the back side of the monster and create a heart-shaped antenna.
Step 6. Display your monster, or give to someone special!
Furthermore: Stuff the monster with a small baggie of Valentine's Day treats to give someone an extra-special delivery!
Products You May Need:
- Pom Poms - 300 Pieces
- Magenta BioColor® Paint - 16 oz.
- Red BioColor® Paint - 16 oz.
- White BioColor® Paint - 16 oz.
- Fun Foam Shapes - 1000 Pieces
- Pink Colorations® Pipe Cleaners - Pack of 100
- Red Colorations® Pipe Cleaners - Pack of 100
- Colorations® Best Value Plastic Handle Paint Brushes - Set of 30
- Assorted Colors Pipe Cleaners - Pack of 100
- 9" x 12" Colorations® Heavyweight Construction Paper
- Sturdy Recycled Craft Rolls - 24 Pieces
- Assorted Shapes Ceramic Tiles - 1lb.
- Wiggly Eyes in Storage Container - 560 pieces
- Glitter Poms - 300 Pieces
- Twist and Bend Craft Ties Super Pack