- To engage in imaginative play
- To explore outside in the fall season
Before You Start: Gather materials needed: an empty jar (jam, peanut butter, mason jar, etc.), Liquid Watercolor™, wiggly eyes, paint brushes or paint droppers, various cups for paint and water and natural items found outside. Lead a nature walk outside to gather acorns, twigs, plants, grass, dead flowers, etc. Provide the children with a small bag to use to collect their items.
Let's Get Started! Step 1. Fill the empty jar about half way with water. Pour, mix and add Liquid Watercolor™ to the jar until you get the desired color.
Step 2. Add items collected from outside to the jar.
Step 3. Glue or attach self-adhesive wiggly eyes or other decorations to the outside of the jar.
Step 4. Use the creepified jar to decorate for Halloween!
Furthermore: While working, talk about the different items that were collected on the nature walk. Try to discuss and identify each item. When mixing colors in the jar, talk about color blending. What new color does two other colors create?
Products You May Need:
- Jumbo Black Wiggly Eyes - Pack of 100
- Colorations® Best Value Plastic Handle Paint Brushes - Set of 30
- Colorations® Liquid Watercolor Paint, 8 oz.
- Storage Jar with Green Lid - 3 Sizes
- Colorations® Gold Liquid Watercolor Paint, 8 oz.
- Colorations® Silver Liquid Watercolor Paint, 8 oz.
- Colorations® White Liquid Watercolor Paint, 8 oz.
- Colorations® Air-Tight, No-Mess Paint Cups - Set of 10
- Black Self-Adhesive Wiggly Eyes - Pack 100
- Glitter Liquid Watercolor™, 8 oz.
- Black Wiggly Eyes - 1000 Pieces
- Colored Wiggly Eyes - 1000 Pieces