- To create and decorate snowmen
- Teach the concepts of small, medium, large and counting to 3
- It is also highly sensory, so it's great to use with special needs kids
Before You Start: Mix equal parts white Colorations® Foam Paint and white glue. Let kids mix with their hands. You will need dark blue construction paper and decorations like BioColor® paint, paintbrushes, sequins or buttons to make the snowmen features. An old sweater cut into small strips makes a dandy scarf!
Let's Get Started! Step 1. Have each child take a facial tissue, dip it into the mixture, then form a snowball on dark blue construction paper.
Step 2. Instruct them to do this three times to form their snowman.
Step 3. While the mixture is still wet, let children add details and features. If you are going to use paint to create a face or other features, wait until the snowman dries completely.
Step 4. Allow the project to air dry (it's usually dry in 24 hours).
Furthermore: You could mix up several other colors with the Colorations® Foam paint and let the kids make a black top hat or a blue ski hat. Small twigs make cute arms!
Products You May Need:
- Dark Blue 12" x 18" Colorations® Heavyweight Construction Paper
- Colorations® No-Drip Foam Paint, 8 oz.
- Sequins & Spangles - 1 lb.
- Assorted Grandma's Buttons - 1lb.
- Colorations® Washable School Glue, Gallon
- BioColor® Paint, 16 oz.
- Colorations® Best Value Plastic Handle Paint Brushes - Set of 30
- Colorations® Super Washable Classic Markers - Set of 16