• Beware of Cords: Window blind cords are a strangulation hazard. Keep these cords out of a toddler's reach by wrapping them around wall cleats. In addition, ensure electrical cords from monitors and lamps cannot be reached from cribs, high chairs or baby seats.
• Keep toilet lids down to prevent access to water. Consider using toilet clips to stop young children from opening the lids.
• Consider keeping children out of bathrooms by using bathroom door latches that are out of reach of young children.
• Never place pillows or thick quilts in a baby's sleep environment. Also, make sure there are no gaps larger than two fingers between the sides of the crib and the mattress.
• Crib Setup: Proper assembly of cribs is paramount - Follow the instructions provided and make sure that every component included is used. If you are not sure, call the manufacturer for assistance.
• Used Cribs: Do not use old, broken or modified cribs - Infants can strangle to death if their bodies pass through gaps between loose components or broken slats while their heads remain entrapped.
• Play Yards: Properly set up play yards according to manufacturers' directions - Only use the mattress pad provided with the play yard.
• Crawl around your classroom, center or home on your hands and knees to check for any potential hazards you may have otherwise missed.
In addition to the above, please take a few moments to browse our ever-increasing assortment of products which specifically address the safety of the children in your care. Visit today .