- To create an original work of wearable art
- To encourage creativity and self esteem
Before You Start: Gather materials needed for activity: BioColor® paint, white paper, cotton t-shirts, Nancy™ bottles, BioColor® Fabric Medium, stencils (optional) and permanent markers.
Let's Get Started! Step 1. Fill Nancy™ Bottles with BioColor® and BioColor® Fabric Medium, using a 4:1 ratio.
Step 2. Place flat wax paper or foil between layers of t-shirt to avoid bleed through.
Step 3. Crease a piece of white paper, and open. Add BioColor® dots to the inside of the crease. Fold again and press paint out with fingers. Open paper and see the design.
Step 4. Press finished design onto fabric, creating a “print.” Smooth with palms. Remove paper.
Step 5. When dry, add accents and lettering with permanent markers.
Furthermore: T-Shirt Blotter Art is a perfect activity for the end of the year, summer camps or Vacation Bible Schools. It makes a great keepsake or gift and can be used well after the experience has finished.
Products You May Need:
- BioColor® Paint, 16 oz.
- BioColor® Fabric Medium - 16 oz.
- Nancy™ Paint Bottles Twist Tops, 2 oz. - Set of 12
- Nancy™ Bottle Chrome Caddy
- Colorations® "Paint-A-Dot" Brushes - Set of 12
- 9" x 12" Tru-Ray® Sulfite Construction Paper - 50 Sheets
- Colorations® Color Permanent Markers - Set of 12
- Brawny Tough Keep-It-Clean Mat - 60" x 90"