- To develop fine and gross motor skills
- To encourage fluid eye-hand coordination
Before You Start: Prepare a clean work station for this art project. You may want to get smocks to put over the children's clothes. Gather a few sheets of white construction paper and cut each in half. Set out bubble wrap pockets (one for each child), and prepare bowls with blue Colorations® Simply Washable Tempera paint and green Colorations® Washable Glitter paint. You may also recycle old bubble wrap for this project.
Let's Get Started! Step 1. Provide each child with a half sheet of white construction paper and a bubble wrap pocket. Help children put the bubble wrap pocket over one of their hands.
Step 2. Have the children dip the bubble wrap into the blue Colorations® tempera paint, and then pat their white papers to create a circle bubble effect.
Step 3. Help children wash the blue paint from their bubble wrap pockets and dry.
Step 4. Have children now dip the pockets into the green Colorations® glitter paint and pat it over the blue paint on their papers. Allow to dry.
Step 5. After drying, hang these creative paintings on display around the classroom.
Furthermore: Allow children to share their paintings at circle time. It is also a great opportunity to share some pictures of paintings by the artist Monet with the children. The teacher may also try recycling some other types of bubble wrap from home for children to create different effects with the paint, or simply try using different colors paint with the same activity.
Products You May Need:
- 9" x 12" Colorations® Heavyweight Construction Paper
- Colorations® Simply Washable Tempera Paints, 16 oz. - Set of 11 Classic Colors
- Colorations® Washable Glitter Paints, 16 oz. - Set of 11
- Best Value Paint Bowls - Set of 6
- Colorations® Comfort Grip Blunt Tip Scissors
- Economy Paint Smock Without Sleeves