- To reinforce fine motor skills
- To encourage self-expression
- To encourage creativity
Before You Start: You will need construction paper in several bright colors or colored foam sheets, markers in different colors, scissors, wiggly eyes, yarn, felt and glue.
Let's Get Started! Step 1. Have the young ones cut out large hearts to create animal faces.
Step 2. Show them how to turn the hearts upside down to create cats and dogs, or turn sideways to create fish. Encourage them to create their favorite animals with the hearts.
Step 3. The children can cut out shapes for ears or tails and glue them onto the animal faces.
Step 4. Have the kids use markers to add details to their animal creations.
Step 4. They can also glue wiggly eyes onto the hearts as well as yarn for whiskers. Optional: use an assortment of collage materials and glitter to add even more detail.
Furthermore: Children are only limited by their imaginations. Use construction paper curls for a lion's mane, or have them figure out how to make a monkey or giraffe.
Products You May Need:
- 9" x 12" Colorations® Heavyweight Construction Paper
- Foam Sheets, 9" x 12" - 30 Sheets
- Colored Felt, 9" x 12" - 50 Sheets
- Colorations® Super Washable Classic Markers - Set of 16
- Colorations® Acrylic Yarn- Set of 12
- Black Regular Wiggly Eyes - Pack of 100
- Colorations® Extra-Safe Plastic Glitter - 1lb.
- Rainbow Duck Quill Feathers - 1 oz.
- Assorted Colors Pipe Cleaners - Pack of 100
- Colorations® Comfort Grip Blunt Tip Scissors
- Colorations® Washable Clear Glue
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue® - 4oz.