- To encourage creativity with an open-ended activity
- To build fine motor skills
Before You Start: Gather materials for activity: rice and/or pasta, plastic bags with zip closure, Liquid Watercolor™ paint, white paper, glue and assorted collage materials (optional).
Let's Get Started! Step 1. Put different shapes of pasta or rice into a bag with a zip closure.
Step 2. Add a few drops of Colorations® Liquid Watercolor, seal, and shake.
Step 3. Lay out on a tray to dry.
Step 4. Glue pasta and rice onto a sheet of white paper any way you like. Children can create unique collages and designs.
Furthermore: Add glitter, foam shapes, feathers or other collage items to your art.
Products You May Need:
- Stringable Colored Macaroni - 1 lb.
- Super Duper Noodle & Rice Art Set - 5 lbs.
- Colored Rice - 1 lb.
- Colorations® Liquid Watercolor Paint - 8 oz.
- Brawny Tough Plastic Art Trays - Set of 5
- White Sulphite Paper - 500 Sheets
- Colorations® Washable School Glue - 1.25 oz
- Colorations® Extra-Safe Plastic Glitter - 1lb.
- Rainbow Feathers Classroom Pack - 8 oz.
- Fun Foam Shapes - 1000 Pieces